Many suffer from serious sports injuries and varied conditions and have no clue about that. There can be varied reasons for that – maybe it has caused due to an aggressive throw or a because of a random tackle; actually, no one knows.
If you’re someone who’s too experiencing any concussion or joint instability thing lately and wondering what it is and why it is paining serve, probably, it’s time you should take it seriously. Odds are it might be a muscle strain, but there can be much more than too.
What are the most common sports injuries?
Let’s talk about them. Following mentioned below are those –
- Dislocations – Instant and forceful rotations may cause a dislocation of a joint. Usually, it is way too painful and requires instant medical supervision. Many times these dislocations are held during sports competitions and practice sessions.
- Concussions – This is one of the most common conditions that millions of sports players suffer while on-filed. It is known to be a TBT (traumatic brain injuries) that is caused by a sudden and intense blow to the head & requires immediate medical supervision.
- Fracture in bones – Possibly every sports person encounters this condition (once or maybe multiple times) in their lifetime. No wonder it’s an extremely painful condition and takes a time of 3 to 4 weeks to heal.
Some facts on sports injury & medicine
- More than 95% of sports injuries can be managed by orthopedic therapies and don’t require operations.
- Sports injuries can be appropriately healed if managed and handled by true professions.
- Sports medicine and treatment is not all about rehabilitation-only; it has many things more in it.
- Many sportspeople have one common misconception that their injury is going to affect their game in the forthcoming, sometimes leading to depression. This is something wholly wrong.
- Every sports injury can be treated and healed by medical proper medical supervision and treatment.
Acute & chronic injuries
Despite a certain joint injured and affected, these sports injuries are commonly classified into two different things – acute and chronic.
Such injuries like a fractured hand sprained and dislocated back, hand or ankle happen all of a sudden while playing on-field or doing some practice. Some of the most common signs of these acute injuries are –
- Sudden unbearable pain
- Swelling at the joint area
- Sharp tenderness
- Not able to move joint in motion
- Limb weakness
Often, these injuries are caused by overusing certain areas way too much over a continuous period. Some of the most common signs of these acute injuries are –
- Swelling at the joint area
- Unbearable pain while doing some activity
No matter if it’s an acute or chronic sports injury, there is no reason to undergo that pain and overlook the situation. Rather one should consult an orthopedic professional right away and get the medical care services to treat the condition, or else it is only going to limit and harm you in the forth.
However, there are some medical emergencies that require immediate medical supervision, while some can be treated by following certain precautions.
Seek immediate medical assistance when –
- It is causing you to serve pain or having swelling
- You are no longer able to do your everyday activities
- You can’t put on weight
At such times, without even easting some hours or days, you should consult a professional. Only a skilled professional will be able to diagnose the complete condition and will guide you with the best medical assistance.
But since there is a sea of options when it happens to choose a healthcare service provider, one needs to be quite cautious while filtering out his or her options. Ensure checking with likely provider’s prior expertise, services, referrals, and testimonials. This way, you can ensure a quality experience ahead.
Not sure whom to choose to get sports injuries treatment? Don’t you worry!
ARV Hospital Chandigarh has got highly skilled and compassionate orthopedic specialists with them to offer quality medical care assistance.
Book an appointment with the best orthopedic hospital in Chandigarh & talk to their professional specialists today!
Or in case if you have got any concerns regarding anything or think there is something that certainly needs to be added in this write-up, please feel free to let us know.